I have been painting and drawing since I was young, and for as long as I can remember I’ve always created pictures with people.
People really fascinate me and a painting or drawing without a person in it somehow feels incomplete, and not so interesting to me. Over time, my figure paintings developed into portraits. In my early thirties I first started painting family and friends, and more recently have specialised in children’s portraits. Now I am getting requests for memorial portraits as well.
Portraiture is my forte and passion, and it involves a lot more than just capturing a likeness. I try to capture the spirit of a person as well. My work has a high emotional value and it’s very fulfilling to know my portraits will be treasured and part of a family for years to come. Each commission is a one of a kind and I enjoy the unique challenges that each one offers. I love the process of first communicating with clients and working with them to create a memorable portrait.
It’s easy to commission a portrait.
- Simply email or post me your favourite photo or photos and I will let you know if they are suitable. Both black and white and coloured photos are okay.
- I can combine different photos to create a unique double or group portrait.
- I can also create fantasy or theme based backgrounds.
- Portraits usually take 3 to 4 weeks to complete, but if you have a deadline I can aim to meet this.
- My standard size is 61 x 51cm on good quality stretched canvas.
- All enquiries welcome. You can message me through this website, email me or if you prefer call me.